Tuesday, March 17, 2009

All I really want to do is, baby, be friends with you.

There are people in this world that make me love life. These are two of them.


Ten years we've known each other and I still get excited for a sleepover at their house. Here was our rough itinerary:

First order of business: set up shop at the local Mexican restaurant. Order multiple margaritas, nachos, tacos. Consume. Repeat as necessary. Marvel at clever name of said restaurant.

Return home, pile into one bed and watch 30 Rock. Fall asleep with Liz Lemon's soothing voice in our ears.

- 11:00 EST the following morning-




WAFFLES!

These girls really know how to put on a brunch.

Isn't this lovely?

Check out that Wedgewood China.

This brunch made it official: I need a waffle maker. I just want that.

On top of all this, it was a gorgeous day, so we went for a hike. Yes, my friends, there is actual natural beauty in our neck of the woods. Observe:


A capsulized version of our new-found mountain,
dubbed by Glamourous High School Friend as, "Big Mountain".



Having come from the wilderness of Western Massachusetts, I am puzzled by this beauty.


There was also an amazing abandoned building we stumbled on partway through our hike. We decided not to find out what it was. We like a little mystery in our lives.

Normally after such an amazing weekend I become disenchanted with my daily routine. The Boy goes back to work and so do I. There are no waffles, I exercise at the gym instead of outdoors (although I really do like swimming laps). But this week things have been going my way- there are a bunch of projects coming up that I'm afraid to jinx by talking about.

But cross your fingers for me and have a good week!

P.S. The only thing missing was MTV friend who has made the leap into NYC. We miss her and I would have shared my nachos with her.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you took pictures of the waffle batter. It's almost creepy, but I obviously love it (for that reason alone).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mwahaha. Therein lies my plan of you loving me BECAUSE I stalk you.

    ReplyDelete