Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tardy Tuesday.

See what I did there? Alliteration. Fucking fancy*. I know you may have thought that I was just getting tardier and tardier in my 'Sunday is my Favorite' posts, but actually it's all a devious plan to reroute it and have Favorite Fridays as a nod to my love for alliteration. Yup. A plan. That's what it was. At any rate, here are some things I've been loving this week.**

1) Bikes.
Who has two thumbs and won a bike in a motherfucking raffle? This kid. In an epic 'fuck you' to my longstanding bad luck streak with raffles, I won a bike. Pics coming soon.




2) Salt.

And that means I have super powers. What? That's right. According to this article, craving salt means you're awesome. Among other things. So I say snack on.



3) Audrey Hepburn.

She's a constant, but I've been on a real kick. 'How To Steal a Million' and "Two for the Road" are seriously underrated.



4) Scapes.

As in, the tops of garlic plants. You can add them anywhere you'd have garlic for a slightly lighter, greener, fresher taste. They smell much stronger than they taste, though, so don't be afraid to be heavy handed. They're great in pesto as an addition or even substitute for basil (I like them with parsley), in ground meat for tacos, or on pizza.


Garlic Scape Pizza. Recipe here.
5) This picture.

Image courtesy of This is Glamorous
Really didn't have a clever way of working it in.

*When I wrote that, I literally said out loud, "Ooh! I did it again!"
**Week and a half. Be quiet. No one likes a nudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment