Friday, December 17, 2010

Wish List, sort of.

My mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas today and I realized that I have no idea. Normally I have a mile-long wishlist, but somewhere between deciding to make all my presents this year and actually making them (I am not a crafty person...) I forgot that I would get something too. Now that I've taken a minute to think about it...I still have no idea.

Here are a few things I can't get enough of, though.

1) Books
I know, I know. I said books weren't the best gifts, but I didn't mean it. Books from people I respect with intellects I aspire to are the best gifts in the world.



2) Vintage clothes
Speaking of Pushing Daisies, specifically anything Chuck wears. I'm (re)watching it now with The Boy and, sometime around the 8th episode, he pointed out that every single time we watch it I say, "Ooh! I love that dress/hat/skirt/whatever".



3) Champagne
Prosecco, sparkling wine, whatever. Of course champagne proper is preferable, but I'm easy.


Image Courtesy of This is Glamourous

4) Luggage
And travel gear. I have loads of it, but much of that is being employed to hold, say, scarves, or books. And there's always room for more, and there's really nothing like a good, leather duffel to make your trip easier.



5) Recipes
I love cooking, and it's the only domestic thing I'm any damn good at (see top re: crafting).

Images Courtesy of This is Glamourous



So, those are a few things that will never fail to please me. What are some things you can never get enough of, Christmas after Christmas?

2 comments:

  1. A simple wish list for such a wonderful person. Don worry good things come to those who wait.
    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know how right you are! Hope you had a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete