Friday, June 3, 2011

Deutschland...

I went there. It was fun. And now I have jetlag. Which is less fun, but my remedy has been hanging out in bed and eating jelly beans, which is fun.
Had to pose on this, which was less than fun.


But I also got to look like Flashdance, which was more than fun.

Also there was a pretty church.
So, that was fun, and this weekend I'm going to figure my life out. Should be fun. And a totally realistic goal. Hope you have an amazing weekend, and here's a quick recipe for your weekend (I'm trying it out tomorrow).

Cucumber Cocktail
Modified from Liquor Snob
6 limes, rinsed
1 cup packed mint leaves, no stems, plus 6 sprigs for garnish
3 unwaxed cucumbers
½ cup sugar
2 cups vodka or gin
Sparkling wine
  1. Thinly slice 3 limes and place in a pitcher. Juice the rest and add juice to pitcher. Add mint leaves. Slice 2 cucumbers and add, then add sugar. Muddle ingredients. Add vodka or gin. Place in refrigerator to steep 30 minutes or longer.
  2. Cut remaining cucumber into super think rounds.
  3. Fill cocktail shaker with ice and top with mixture. Shake and strain into a martini glass. Top with a splash of sparkling wine, garnish each glass with a cucumber round, and serve.
Serves 6.

That looks refreshing as balls. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment