Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's Tuesday, Everybody Drink!

While at the Corner House restaurant in Sandwich, NH, (which, by the way, is so quaint I almost died) I had a St. Germain cocktail which is a classic, but this one was loaded with lemons and it provided a much needed pick-me up.

Lord, champagne. The boy and I are planning on spending our 4th of July sprawled on a picnic blanket drinking it and eating sushi.

Because what's more American than that?

Speaking of lemons, here are a few recipes for citrus-y, summer-y drinks sent to me by a man that has been with the love of his life for 30 years who can now marry him in their home state. I was in NH surrounded by wooden roosters and plaid pillows tearing up when I heard.

Wooden cocks, plaid and gay marriage. What's more American than that?

The Tropical Moon
  Ingredients
  1 1/2 ounces Moon Mountain Coastal Citrus Vodka (or regular vodka because I've never heard of this...bad blogger!)
  3/4 ounces Lime Juice
  1/2 ounce Simple Syrup (or mango, pineapple or some other tropical juice)
  3 Lime Wedges
  2 Orange Slices
  Lemon Lime Soda


Muddle 2 lime wedges and 2 orange slices in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
Fill cocktail shaker with ice and add Moon Mountain Vodka Coastal Citrus,
fresh lime juice and simple syrup.
Strain ingredients into a rocks glass and top off with lemon lime soda.
Stir gently.
Garnish with a lime wedge.

 Wild Raspberry Cooler
  Ingredients
  1 1/2 ounces Moon Mountain Wild Raspberry Vodka
  3 ounces Lemon Lime Soda
  Splash Lime Juice
  Slice of Lime
Raspberries for garnish

Fill highball glass with ice and add Moon Mountain Vodka Wild Raspberry,
  lemon lime soda and lime juice.
  Stir gently. Garnish with lime and raspberries.


Now I'm off to run errands and get ready for a shoot in Long Island tomorrow. It's my first time, do I need a passport?

1 comment:

  1. nice interesting and very informative post, thanks for sharing.
    ======
    web design

    ReplyDelete