Friday, January 20, 2012

London

What can I say about London that hasn't been said a million times? I hadn't been there in ten years, but it still felt familiar to me, it's so iconic and a part of our cultural knowledge. It's what I imagine New York City must be like to the rest of the country. Except it smells better.
The view from St. Paul's Cathedral

And the subways have hilarious names like Cockfoster.


And there are phone booths.
 And their Occupy St. Paul's movement is quiet and dignified but still strong and inspiring. I wish I'd had more time to get to know the people involved, because they are, from what I can tell, absolutely doing it right.


1 comment:

  1. as Samuel Johnson once said: “When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life.”

    oh and nutters why limit yourself to one cockfoster? The more the better. It's "cockfosters" plural.

    Sorry my anglophilia is flaring up again, I better go do something distinctly American...

    ReplyDelete