Wednesday, February 22, 2012

NYFW Recap (a week later)

Note: if you've been following me on Tumblr you've seen most of these (but not all).

This was my first fashion week and school combination and it turned me into a raging stereotype of the overcaffeinated, underfed fashionista. Don't worry, I have the good sense to be embarrassed by it. I mean, I actually said, "OMG, I am so over it at this point." OUT LOUD. To another human being. Who had ears. 

But for all I bitch and moan about fashion week, it gives my inner fourteen year old girl*, who is an attention starved drama geek, an outlet. I mean, when else can I wear a cape and elbow length gloves?

What I wore:
Hat: H&M, Shirt: California C&C, Skirt: Nordstom's, Boots: United Nude

Cape: Vintage, Jeans: Rag & Bone, Shoes: Jimmy Choo

Hat: H&M, Jacket: gift from uncle, Purse: Apt. 9, Jeans: Rag & Bone, Heels: DIY (post forthcoming) Cat: spoiled rotten

Shirt: thrifted, Skirt: Christian Dior, Shoes: Rainbow
Sweater: Rainbow, Jeans: Old Navy, Purse: Apt. 9, Heels: Miu Miu

Glasses: Purple, Scarf: Ann Taylor, Jacket: vintage, Gloves: Cynthia Rowley, Dress: Vintage, Old Lady: Dotty
One of my favorite shows of this season was a Boston line called Emerson. Naturally I didn't get a single good picture, so here's the video.


Articles forthcoming. Now that the smoke is clearing I'm resisting the urges to
a) wax poetic about fashion
b) compile all my thoughts about the various trends and highlites into a post because, to be honest, they're all blurring together and I think there's quite enough of that on the internet at this point and
c) bitch about how silly the whole fashion world is. It is what it is, and I'm doing what I can to change that, which has to be enough. 



*remember these?



I used to cover my entire head with them and wear a lime green trench coat. I looked like a batty old lady with a butterfly sanctuary on her head.

1 comment: