Monday, April 19, 2010

Just Say No To Bugs.

I normally get all my fashion inspiration from pictures: I'm a visual person and unless it's a really compelling commentary, reading articles about how to dress doesn't register with me. But one trend has cropped up recently that I love, and have had trouble replicating: multiple patterns. I found this article very helpful. And it didn't hurt that the pictures were gorgeous guides in and of themselves. Of course, when I went to my closet I realized I hardly own any patterns (or colors, for that matter). But here's what I came up with:



I started small. The skirt is barely patterned.




Sweater: Ann Taylor, Skirt: Christian Dior, Tights:
Express, Shoes: Unknown, Belt: vintage

Of course, I ended up regretting both of these wardrobe choices after I discovered a spider infestation on my porch and spent the day convinced I had creepy crawlies everywhere. I'll be steering clear of textured textiles for a little while. Silk, linen, here I come. Spiders, fuck you and your offspring. Buddhism will have to wait because I'm glad I killed you. You almost ruined my manicure.


OPI's Go On Green

So, to conclude:
Mixing Patterns: intimidating, possible and groovy.
Bold nail polish: awesome.
Spider babies: not. cute.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious posting,
    Outfit, classic and cute.
    Spiders- way fuck you.. How dare they bother you with an outfit like that?!

    ReplyDelete