Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Miscellanea

I'm not sure if I made that word up or not, but I love it. Here is some miscellanea for your Tuesday, a day that always seemed trickier than Monday. They sneak up on you.



This is a cool video that makes some awesome points. I mean, this test should be incredibly easy to pass. Think of your daily life: how many of the interactions during your day pass this test? Shouldn't the fantasy life that we as a culture project onto screens include, you know, us?! How many films wouldn't pass the test if it was regarding men? Can you think of one movie that doesn't include a man? Talking to another man about something other than a woman? I normally try and keep my feminism close to the chest (although this video makes me wonder why) but this seems like a problem of another era.



On a more pleasant note: work! That I did! On TV! Pretty dresses! Feminism and my job are sometimes hard to reconcile, but the woman in this video, Suze Shwartz of Glamour is incredibly inspiring. She uses real people in her work at Glamour, of all shapes and sizes. And she always works to make sure that what she presents is something that women across the economic spectrum can stomach. She's also one of many high-powered women in the fashion business. There's a lot to be said about the fashion industry and what it does to and for women, but I don't think I'm the one to say it. So I'll say this: TV! Pretty dresses!

And here are some pictures I did with a good friend of mine, Brimstone. He's a former wrestler, current jack-of-all trades. I think he's a great model, no?




Photos by Ash Ahuja

In case it wasn't abundantly clear, this was a Little Red Riding Hood themed shoot and it was super fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment