Sunday, January 30, 2011

Happy New Year!



The Chinese New Year is coming up, and many celebrated this weekend. Soon it will be the Year of The Rabbit, as it was when I was born.

Image courtesy of CuteOverload.com

I was never a huge fan of rabbits, really. I was a guinea pig girl, and rabbit never seemed to be as friendly or awesome to me. Chalk it up to overexposure to the Tortoise and the Hare stories, maybe.


Don't get me wrong,  they're adorable, but they're also a little weird.  With the beady eyes and the twitchy nose (traits which run in my family, come to think of it).

I wish this was real.
I always wish I'd been born during a cooler year, like the Tiger or, better yet, the Monkey:



But, then again, how cute is this?



 Those twitchy little fuckers are growing on me. 


2 comments:

  1. do you have a position on the wearing of rabbit fur?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm generally very anti-fur, but I have a few exceptions I'd be loathe to tell me animal-rights enthusiast friends about. 1) Vintage. The damage has been done, so might as well put it to good use. 2) The French. To tell the French not to wear fur would be like telling them not to make good bread (and I really, really don't want them to stop making that bread) and so, while in Paris, I turned a blind eye.

    ReplyDelete