Thursday, February 10, 2011

WGACA

Given my prediliction for vintage stores, wacky outfits and acronyms, it should come as no surprise that I was incredibly excited for the first ever What Goes Around Comes Around (WGACA) fashion show at the Soho Grand Hotel. If the clothing they make is anything like the vintage stuff they sell, I'm in.
To see their full collection, click here

BUT, given my prediliction for tardiness, bad train luck and neurotic nature, it should also come as no surprise that I missed the whole damn show. That's right, instead of sitting at a fashion show with a full bar, I sat on a train* with no power while the conductors muttered to each other, having no idea that they were pressing the intercom button.

"Where the hell are the mechanics?"
"Christ, we'd be better off without them."

THAT, SIR, IS NOT VERY REASSURING. I HOPE YOU GET EATEN FIRST.

At least I looked nice.
This is me dressing practically, for the weather.**

Of course, I wasn't psycho killed. In fact, I made friends with the fellows sitting next to me and we had a grand old time reciting Richard Pryor standup bits.

So I guess the moral of the story is:
         Brush up on your standup comedians because you never know when you'll be stuck on a train s and need to distract yourself from the psycho killers coming on board.



*A train with NO bar car, by the way.
**I am many things. A sensible dress is not, and will never be, one of them. Sorry, Dad. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, Thanks so much for entering the Do What You Love e-course giveaway on sfgirlbybay. Sorry that you weren’t the winner on this occasion, but it sounds like you really wanted to win… so if you want to join I am happy to offer you a special discount. If you want to join us on this six-week adventure towards doing what you love, please email me at beth at dowhatyouloveforlife dot com for details
    Beth

    ReplyDelete