Saturday, September 3, 2011

Cape DIY

I've wanted a cape for about a year, and have been holding out for The Right One, and finally thought I'd found it in this navy number from Asos in, of all places, the maternity section (what makes it maternity I don't know since the whole point of a cape is that you could be pregnant with quadruplets under there and no one would know:

 But what you can't see in that picture is that the buttons are large and brown, and just weren't quite right. But I loved the color and the cut so, I went to M&J Trims in NYC and got replacement buttons and a little something extra, after browsing for hours. So. many. buttons. So. many. annoyed. salesmen. Now, I love it.


It's military, it's vintage-y and it just might carry me through my post-summer depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment