Thursday, August 16, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday to Julia Child!

Image courtesy of Vanity Fair
Happy birthday to the Queen of French cooking!

To honor Ms. Child, I thought I'd post some amazing recipes with an fabulous, fancy and schmancy ingredient I've just discovered: rose water. It's a little hard to find, but Whole Foods and most Asian food stores carry it, and a bottle goes a long way. 

It's like a bottle of classy- add it to anything to create an air of sophistication.
Except nachos. That shit was disgusting.


You can make delicious sorbet:


This is an amazing channel and blog, by the way. Follow them for healthy, paleo-diet friendly recipes. 

Cupcakes:

Click here for the recipe
A friend of mine made these for my last birthday and they were heavenly and firmly ensconced her place as one of my favorite people in the world. 

Or cocktails:
Click here for the recipe
I also made up my own recipe you can try:

Rose Water Cocktail
1 shot gin or vodka
1/2 shot rose water (more to taste)
1 shot St. Germain
Top off with sparkling soda or champagne
Garnish with rose petals or, for a refreshing aftertaste, cucumber slices

Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. I like to add a little rosewater or orange blossom water to lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosewater is also really good for your skin - I use it as a nightly in place of astringent. And you smell beaaautiful!

    ReplyDelete