Saturday, January 9, 2010

The owner of a lovely little Brooklyn vintage clothing store gave me a great tip: take a vintage slip, dye it, and wear it as a belted dress. I'm very lazy, so I didn't dye it. I'm at that stage in winter, though, where a white dress perks me up in the long, cold afternoons.

That Tiffany's box has The Boy's present.
Boys get shiny presents, too.

Necklace: Anthropologie, Slip dress: vintage
Belt: Target Tights: Gap
Shoe: Jessica Simpson

I topped off this ensemble with my new cloche hat, which I've been searching for for months, as is documented here. It was right under my nose, and I finally found it. At Target.

Hat: Target

Coat: Vintage, Hat: Target
Chairs: Painted by me!

Speaking of hats, my obsession is getting out of hand. I just won a bid on five gorgeous vintage hats on Ebay, so expect them to crop up frequently. Visiting the home of a long time hat collector probably didn't help.

This probably didn't help with my obsession
with vintage posters, either.



I'm very excited for my Ebay package to arrive. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment