Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Weekend!

Happy Friday, everyone! The Boy and I will be working on the house all weekend: rearranging, painting, fixing etc. Pictures to come.

We have a lot of new furniture and one of my favorite pieces is a giant leather chair. Rue likes it, too. 

Cutest. Ambush. Ever.
He spends almost all of his time there when he's not hiding under the covers.

Of course, The Boy and I will probably squeeze in a few moments of social engagements over the weekend, and I'm hoping they'll include good food, good wine and maybe a few cocktails.

And on that note, I'm leaving you with yet another delightful recipe from The London Hotel Bar. My friend Miss Mina tried The Gilded Lily and loved it, as did I. This one isn't as sweet, but it's just as delicous.

Photo Credit: Matt Simpkins

The Peak

Translation from the Spanish "El Pico" -- inspired by Machu Picchu in Peru, where the liquor Pisco is produced. 

2 oz     Pisco 100 (or other light grape brandy)
2 oz     Pear Nectar
1 oz     Fresh Lime Juice
1/2 oz  Simple Syrup
Dash of ground pepper

The Peak is served straight-up in a martini glass, garnished with a slice of pear. 


Enjoy and happy, happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment