Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Inspiration and Interpretation: Punk

Almost all of my friends in high school went through a goth and/or punk phase, and I totally loved it. The tattered t-shirts and jeans with Chucks, or the striped tights with Lolita heels and red or black lipstick. I just dabbled. I had a pleather item or two in my closet. I wore Rolling Stones t-shirts with messy eye makeup. But, really, I didn't have a long enough attention span to be goth and I wasn't apathetic or angry enough to be a punk. I was, however, oddball enough to wear a lime green trench coat with a head full of butterfly clips. But that's a whole different story.

The great thing about being a grownup (besides cake for breakfast) is that I can play dress up for a day and not worry about whether anyone thinks I'm a poser, even if they probably do.

Inspiration

Goddamn, I love this woman.

Goddamn, I have mixed feelings about this band.




Interpretation








 Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go talk myself out of adding studs to everything in my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment