Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weekend Recap

Some of you may know that I recently had surgery on my sinuses to fix a deviated septum, chronic sinusitus and problems with my hearing that I've had ever since I was a kid. It was one of those things I didn't really think too much of until a friend of mine who had the surgery pointed out that it wasn't normal to get 5-6 sinus infections a year. Also I hadn't really heard my own voice in 2 years.

Immediately after the surgery my hearing improved. While I was in post-op, still groggy and delighted from the medication, I kept poking my nurse and saying, "no, no, no. You don't understand. I sound weird.... like ME. I sound like me. Like me. Can I have jello?"

I was her favorite.

Of course, surgeries mean recuperation so apart from a few castings (where I gave the photographers a pose I call 'Congested Chic') I've been pretty much bed or couchridden.

But by this weekend I was feeling more than a little stir crazy and sick of looking like this:

So I tried poking the Boy until he got annoyed, following the cat around the house, watching movies and yelling at the screen. Nothing worked.

Sometimes a lady just has to throw on her faux fur coat and take herself out for bacon and waffles.


And sometimes that lady spills coffee on her faux fur coat.

The outfit, I think, was due to overexposure to this video, which I can't make up my mind about.



I mean,  love the clothes, love the tigers, kind of like the song. But if she does one more little pantomime motion I'm going to strangle her with her own head wreath.

Happy MLK weekend everyone!

1 comment: